This is a simple and wonderful dessert adapted from a drink on one of my favorite food blogs "http:/whatsgabycooking.com/">What's Gaby Cooking". Please consult the link below for nutritional facts regarding blueberries. They truly are a super fruit!
Blueberry Mint Lemonade Granita
- 1 cup lime or lemon juice
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- Juice the lemons/limes and transfer to a large pitcher.
- Add sugar and water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the blueberries and mint.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture for about 20 seconds until the mixture turns pinkish and the mint is finely chopped.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 metal pan.
- Place mixture in the freezer, scraping thoroughly with a fork every 20-30 minutes for about 2 1/2 hours, or until the granita resembles coarse crystals.
- Spoon into a small bowl or a festive jar and garnish with fresh mint and blueberries.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.