Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 20
This was my experiment for the weekend gone by. I had a friend over who promised to teach me how to bake a pizza at home. And wow what a great experience it was to do the dough and bake the pizza at home. And it tasted just so great. So let me share the recipe here.
All you need is:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 portabella mushroom sliced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- Vegan cheese
- Pesto (optional)
- Pour the yeast into a cup of warm water and leave for about ten minutes.
- Take a large bowl to prepare the dough.
- Add sugar and salt to the dough.
- Now knead the dough with the water.
- Once done, leave it for about an hour to rise.
- Meanwhile prepare the toppings, chop onions, squash, and mushrooms.
- Take the dough and roll it out to a size of your choice.
- Spread the pasta sauce on top.
- Now top with onions, squash and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese on top.
- Bake at 450 Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes and check if done.
- Slice and sprinkle oregano and pepper flakes as required.
- Serve hot with drinks.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.