Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
I love cauliflower. I think it’s great. It looks great, it tastes great and absorbs other flavors and it is a very healthy vegetable. Full of vitamin C, vitamin K, Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B9, pantothenic acid, omega-3 fatty acids, biotin, manganese…
It’s also great to cook and experiment with. I’ve tried a lot of things with cauliflower; from purees and soups to frying it or making it into patties. Seriously there is no end to what you can do with it.
I wanted to make something new, something that makes you say: wow. And I think this is it.
It looks stunning and takes very little effort to ‘put together’. It basically cooks itself so it’s handy to make for bigger dinner parties as a side dish or even the main event!
So what you will need is:
- 1 whole cauliflower with some leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground red paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Soak the cauliflower with the inner leaves (tear the broken and dark green ones off) in some water with a couple teaspoons of baking soda for 15 minutes. We do this to get rid of any impurities from the cauliflower.
- In the meantime put the herbs and spices in your stone grinder with the olive oil and grind into a paste. Try to dissolve as much salt as you can.
- Turn the oven to 375 F and take the cauliflower out of the water. Rinse and leave for a few minutes for the excess water to drain.
- Take a pan to fit your cauliflower, preferably a glass pan. Check to see if it fits then place the cauliflower on a cutting board, separate the leaves from the head a little bit and rub the herbs and spices mix all over.
- Transfer into the pan and add the water. The water will boil and steam the cauliflower from the bottom up. Add more water during roasting if necessary and baste it a few times with the liquid from the pan.
- Roast it for at least 45 minutes, maybe more but that depends on the size of your cauliflower.
I love how amazing this looks. Be sure to try it out!