Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Indian Bajji or Fries usually use Besan Flour as the major ingredient. This recipe is slightly different from other Bajjis, since it uses wheat flour as the main ingredient.
Sambar Powder is a mixture of several spices like turmeric, coriander etc. You can get it in supermarket or get the recipe online if you want a homemade one.
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups
- Sambar Powder (Indian Curry Powder) - 7 tablespoons
- Asafoetida Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Onion - 1 (big piece)
- Salt - 3 tablespoons
- Oil - as required
1. Cut the onion vertically into thin slices.
2. Mix sambar powder, salt and wheat flour together in a bowl.
3. Add water to the mixture till it mixture becomes a thick paste.
4. Heat oil in a deep fry pan.
5. Soak the onion slices in the thick paste and fry them one by one.
6. Fry the onion slices till they become golden brown. Wheat Onion Fries are ready.
Note: Onion can be replaced by Potato. Cook the potatoes in water until it becomes soft. Peel off the skin. Slice the potatoes vertically and follow the same procedure to get Wheat Potato Fries.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.