Whether you hold true to Valentine's Day convention and cozy up to your sweetie, go Valentinesing with your besties, or shun the entire thing, damn it, there will be chocolate. The following five recipes are a fantastic combination-- from the more traditional to totally modern, and include a few you can whip up to take to the office tomorrow, or to that party your sort of kind of dreading (or dreaming of?), or to school with the kids. What could be more loving on V-Day than showing them you can have totally amazing compassionate cooking? Of course, I like to leave the vegan reveal until after friends and family have eaten, and after they've sufficiently fawned over desserts, then I drop the V-bomb. Works every time! Cheers to changing hearts and minds and creating healthier hearts and bodies in the process!
- Chocolate Truffles: These chocolate truffles are so gorgeous, you'll have to swear up and down you really made them yourself. Beautiful, shockingly simple and inventive, you'll make them once and keep the recipe around forever. The perfect gift.
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups: What else is there to say? The peanut butter cup has absolutely not fallen to the wayside because you've gone all plant-based. In fact, I'd dare to say that this vegan version is mind-blowingly awesome.
- 5 Minute Healthy Homemade Chocolate: This recipe's title is right on but doesn't do service to just how fabulous this easy peazy recipe is. You'll have gorgeously crafted homemade treats in no time.
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse: Prepare to shock even yourself at how sinfully delicious this is. Cute little cups with spoons tied with ribbon, raffia, or twine, and you're captain of the cute brigade. Plus, they won't believe it's vegan.
- Raw Coconut Pistachio Cookies: Because chocolate is... well, chocolate, but sometimes you just need the added bonus of something a little more complex. Get ready for it. Cut these into heart shapes and prepare to dazzle.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.