Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cook Time: It should not take more than 5 minutes to put this burrito together!
A lot of people choose to eat unhealthy foods because lets face it, it tastes great (been there, done that). So giving up all the unhealthy grease and incredible flavor is not an option. The good news is that we dont have to give up taste in order to eat healthier.
Here is a recipe that will leave you wanting more because its just that good!
For this amazing burritos, you will need: This recipe can easily servea family of four.
* Whole wheat tortillas (you can also use brown rice tortillas or the tortillas of your choice)
* Lots of Spinach (as much as you like, I like a lot!)
* 1 tomato
* 1 big carrot
* 1 bell pepper
* 1/4 of a red onion
* A handful of romaine lettuce
* Shredded cheese (the amount is up to you)
For the avocado dressing:
* 1 avocado
* 1 big handful of cilantro
* The juice of one lime (you can also use lemon)
* A clove of garlic
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Chop and dice all your veggies to the size that you will like, except for the carrots which should be shredded so that it will be easier to fill your burrito. * Place all the veggies in a bowl and season with a little salt and pepper and just a teaspoon of olive oil. Mix well.
Now, for the best part:
Place the avocado, cilantro, garlic, lime, salt and pepper in a blender (if you dont have a high speed blender, cut the ingredients into smaller pieces to help your blender). Blend until smooth and creamy.
* To assemble your burrito all you need to do is spread the avocado dressing on your tortillas. Now place all veggies on top of the dressing. If you want it extra creamy, pour some more of the dressing on top of your veggies. Gently fold your tortilla into a burrito, and now you are ready to make your belly very happy!
This makes a great meal that you can share with your family. No one will say no to this one! Enjoy!