What is a chocolate pie without whip topping? Strawberry shortcake is definitely not complete without whipping cream? Vegans unite, demand coconut milk whipping cream! Yes, that is right! You can make whipping cream from coconut milk by following these easy steps.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Leave coconut milk in refrigerator overnight to chill right side up.
- Do not disturb can by shaking or turning upside down after chilling.
- Open can and dip the opaque white substance only from the top of the coconut milk can and place in mixing bowl.
- The translucent liquid at the bottom of the can be saved and used in other recipes.
- Place 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar in bowl with opaque coconut milk.
- Whip with a mixer at low speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Change speed to high and using an up and down motion continue to whip coconut milk mixture until thickened.
One cup of coconut milk contains 38.4 mg of calcium for healthy bones and teeth. Coconut milk is packed with magnesium, which is required to maintain normal blood pressure levels, decreases the risk of cardiovascular ailments and relieves stiff muscles. The nutritious milk contains potassium for development of healthy bones, enhanced energy levels, optimal functioning of the kidneys and control blood pressure. It also contains selenium, iron, protein and other vitamins. Unfortunately, one should consume in small amounts as the calorie count is high.
Royalty-free pic courtesy of 123rf.com.