Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: No Cooking
The days are warming as spring will leave us soon and summer will come to the land. During the summer months I try to stay away from the hot stove and prepare more salads and food that can be grilled outdoors. This is one of my favorite salads to make. This is so refreshing using grapefruit, vegan crab and shrimp. The combination of flavors will wake up your pallet as you enjoy this refreshing summer salad.
2 Small Grapefruits
10 vegan shrimp
1 package vegan crab meat
½ Cup Celery; chopped
1 small jar of Vegenaise
1 Tablespoon Dill Weed; chopped fine
1 Lemon; juiced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Sprig Fresh Mint; chopped fine
- Cut the grapefruit in half, scoop out meat in both halves; clean out skins and set aside.
- Cut the grapefruit meat into bite size pieces removing the skins
- Peel avocadoes and cut the meat into strips
- Squeeze lemon juice and spread over the avocado slices to prevent browning
- Chop celery into bit size pieces
- In a mixing bowl; mix Vegenaise and chopped dill weed, add a few drops of Tabasco sauce to taste - You can always add more if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegan shrimp, vegan crap, grapefruit chunks, celery and avocados; mix gently.
- Fill the grapefruit shells with salad mixture. Sprinkle with fresh mint; set in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Serve chilled