Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Mushrooms are great as appetizers for lunch. They are healthy and liked by vegans and non-vegans. Stuffed spinach mushrooms are one of my favorite dishes.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 18 button mushrooms,
- 1 cup Vegan sour cream,
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped),
- 1 small garlic clove(crushed),
- ½ cup chopped broccoli and carrots (together),
- Salt (as required),
- ¼ cup Freshly grounded pepper or red pepper,
- 1 Tsp olive oil,
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp panko bread crumbs,
- Baking sheets,
- Baking plate,
- 2 cup freshly chopped baby spinach or frozen spinach (one box)
- Parsley (to garnish).
- First, pre-heat your oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Clean the mushrooms and keep the stems separately, after cutting them. We will use the stems for later purpose.
- Take a large pan, pour in some olive oil and add the chopped broccoli and carrots. Sauté them for few minutes until slightly browned.
- Then, add the chopped onions, mushroom, and vegan butter to your pan. Stir well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for five more minutes.
- Add the panko bread crumbs and stir for about two minutes more. Then, remove the mixture from the pan.
- Now, combine the spinach with the vegan sour cream in a large pan and mix in the mixture you prepared before (once cooled) with the creamed spinach.
- Spoon two tablespoons of your spinach mixture into each mushroom cap. Spread the mixture well over the mushroom as a whole and not just on the top of the mushroom alone.
- Place the filled mushrooms on two parchment paper lined baking sheets at least two inches apart. Brush lightly with melted vegan margarine. Bake for 14 minutes, or until the filling is browned and slightly bubbling.
- Finally, remove from oven and allow the stuffed mushrooms to cool for two minutes before you lose yourself in their delicious texture and taste.
* Image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons.
Leave a Comment
Log in to comment.