Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
A Mexican bowl is a fun dish that you can build yourself adding your very own favorite and delicious topping. This is a dish that is healthy and hearty. This entree is sure to fill you up and is great for lunch or dinner and even leftovers. You are basically building a burrito, but there is no burrito present.
You Will Need for the bowl:
- Brown rice
- Bean sprouts
- two medium sweet potato
- one can black beans
- one bunch cilantro
- one teaspoon cumin
- half tablespoon black pepper
- one teaspoon paprika
- one teaspoon chili powder
- one teaspoon garlic powder
- half of cup red onion
- sliced olives (optional)
- One Fresh Jalapeno (optional)
- One fresh lime
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
1. Wash sweet potatoes. Place them in a pot of hot boiling water. Once cooked and tender, remove and allow them to cool off. If you before to baked sweet potato in the oven that's fine too. Just make sure the sweet potato is cooked completely.
2. Boil an additional pot of water for rice. Cook rice as normal, two serving should be enough.
3. While rice and sweet potatoes are cooking. Began cutting the cilantro off of the steam and cutting red onion.
4.Cook or warm black beans unless you prefer them cool.
5. Also, cut avocado into pieces.
6. Add the spices together in an empty bowl and stir and set aside.
7. Once rice is cooked and cool a while you can begin to add seasons and chopped cilantro stirring until all ingredients are well incorporated.
8. Place sweet potato on cutting board and chop into even pieces.
9. Time to assemble the bowl.
10. Rice on bottom then add sweet potato on top. Add black beans and place avocado and onions on top. Sprinkle a few fresh bean sprouts. Add any additional veggies you would like to. Drizzle dressing on top.
1. Squeeze the juice ut of one lime.
2. Stir the honey, oil into the fresh squeezed lime juice.
3. Drizzle as much dressing as you would like on to the ingredients in the bowl.