Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2O minutes
Kachori is an Indian street food. Essentially, it's a fried dish, which has a delicious filling inside. This recipe is famous in India and is enjoyed especially in the northern parts of India. The interesting thing about this recipe is that it has a crispy crust outside and soft mouth-watering filling inside.
For the dough:
- 1 cup Flour
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
For the Filling:
- 1 cup mashed green peas
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- STEP 1: Firstly we will prepare the dough of the kachori. Take a large bowl and add the flour in the bowl. Next add some salt and water in the bowl to prepare the dough. Cover the dough and keep it aside once you have kneaded it.
- STEP 2: Now we will prepare the filling. Heat some oil in a pan; then add cumin seeds, ginger, and garlic paste. Let the mixture cook for at least 5 minutes.
- STEP 3: Now add the mashed green pea’s mixture to the pan. And add some chili powder, coriander powder, salt as well as mango powder and mix well. Once the mixture is ready, keep it aside.
- STEP 4: Now take the dough and make round shaped flat discs of approximately 3” in diameter. Then put the filling in the center and gather the edges. Now make it flat from the top by pressing it.
- STEP 5: Prepare the kachoris by repeating the same style.
- STEP 6: Heat oil in a pan and put the kachoris in the hot oil. Now simply let the kachoris fry until the color turns to golden brown.
Once the kachoris are ready, remove them from the pan and serve piping hot with tamarind chutney or sauce. you can enjoy this dish at anytime of the day.
Photograph courtesy: Flickr.