Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Who doesn’t love ice creams and sorbets to beat the summer heat? I am going to share a very simple recipe of vegan homemade strawberry sorbet. This homemade version of strawberry sorbet contains very few ingredients, which are easily available in the market. This recipe is fat free and so refreshing at the same time. In fact, since it's vegan, it’s dairy free as well! So what are you waiting for? Grab these ingredients and get ready to prepare this simple homemade strawberry sorbet.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Step 1: Take the strawberries out from the freezer and let them thaw a bit. Blend them until you get a smooth and juicy mixture.
- Step 2: Next, remove the strawberry seeds using a strainer.
- Step 2: Now take a saucepan and add the sugar and water to the sauce pan. Let the sugar melt. Once the sugar has completely been melted, set the syrup aside. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Step 3: Next, put the strawberry puree in a tray, pour in the sugar syrup, vanilla extract, and stir well.
- Step 4: Put the mixture in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Step 5: Once the mixture is frozen, add the mixture to an ice cream maker and that’s all! Let the ice cream maker do its job. You can reward yourself with this amazing homemade vegan strawberry sorbet in no time.
You can even try out different fruits and flavours to give your homemade sorbet a different taste. This simple, homemade refreshing recipe will definitely help you beat the heat. Hope you like the recipe.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.