Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Brownies are so delicious, are rich in chocolate, and satisfy a chocolate-lovers craving. However, when you mix brownies with cupcakes, you wind up with a deeply satisfying chocolate flavored mini-cake. My family has always been split between brownies or cake for dessert. This delicious brownie cupcake recipe makes a delicious holiday dessert that is sure to please everyone. I especially love making this recipe during the holidays because they are so fun to decorate. During the holidays, you don’t have time to spend all day in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. This special recipe is simple to prepare and only requires a single pot on your stove top!
For your holiday parties, dress up your brownie cupcakes with a vegan butter, coconut cream frosting, holiday sprinkles, mini chocolate bits, or coconut. Artistic like I am? I love to make mini Santa Clause cupcakes to take to my holiday parties.
Ingredients: Brownie Cupcakes
- 3 ounces or 3 squares of unsweetened bakers chocolate
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- 1 ½ cups vegan sugar
- Ener-G Egg Replacer; 4 ½ Teaspoons dry egg replacer plus 6 tablespoons water equals 3 eggs
- 1 ½ Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 Cup flour or gluten free flour
- 1 Cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 Cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
Ingredients: Butter, Coconut Cream Frosting
- 8 Ounces Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks
- 16 Ounces vegan powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 to 3 Tablespoon coconut milk
Directions: Brownie Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 – 12 cupcake pan, lined with paper cupcake cups.
- In a large saucepan, combine baker’s chocolate and margarine.
- Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, blend well.
- Combine egg replacer power and water in small mixing bowl, blend well.
- Add egg replacer and vanilla to saucepan, blend well.
- Stir in flour, walnuts, and raisins.
- Spoon batter into your prepared cupcake pan, fill to almost full.
- Bake for 30 minutes, testing center of the cupcake with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and cook on wire rack.
- In blender add enough vegan sugar to equal 16 ounces. Blend sugar in blender until your sugar turns to powder.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Earth Balance vegan buttery stick, 16 ounces of powder sugar from your blender, pure vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoon coconut milk.
- Use your electric mixer on the lowest setting to blend the ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- After mixed well set your mixer to high and continue mixing until the frosting becomes fluffy.
- Add additional coconut milk if needed.
Decorate your brownie cupcake with the butter coconut cream frosting. You can use a cake decorating bag to decorate your cupcakes. Add your favorite holiday vegan candy, marshmallows, or chocolate to make your holiday treats. Be creative and have fun decorating your brownie cupcakes! Happy Holidays!