Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2O minutes
Kulfi is a delicious type of traditional Indian ice –cream, which is widely famous across the entire country of India. It can be prepared using different ingredients, and it can be given various types of flavors too. Get ready to beat the heat with amazing and exotic homemade ice cream! Many of us think that preparing ice cream at home is a difficult thing to do, but this recipe is extremely simple. You just need to follow some quick, basic steps. This dish can be prepared within a few minutes. Let’s get started!
- 2 Cups of almond milk [vegan]
- 2 table spoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 10 finely grated pistachios
- 10 finely grated almonds
- 1 pinch of saffron
- STEP 1: Heat a pan and add the almond milk as well saffron in the pan.
- STEP 2: Let the milk cook for sometime on a low heat.
- STEP 3: Then add the sugar and let the sugar dissolve. Mix the milk and let the mixture cook for at least for 10 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring the mixture so as to avoid lumps from forming.
- STEP 5: Check to see that the mixture becomes thicker after stirring. Once the mixture becomes thick, remove from heat.
- STEP 6: Now add the pistachios as well almonds and mix gently.
- STEP 7: Let the mixture freeze for minimum 3 to 4 hours.
- STEP 8: Pour the mixture into small bowls and serve.
You can also garnish the kulfi with additional pistachio and almonds. It is the perfect dessert after a family dinner and is best after a long and tiring day!
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons.