The rest of November is going to fly by, so I'm trying to think of little Vegan-Friendly Gift "Kits" to give out this year. I don't have too much money to spend, so most things will be hand made, but I think gift kits / baskets are really fun to receive and make! :)
The ideas below may be a little pricier than you are looking for, but it can certainly be reduced down to the more basic items. I just added everything I could think of to make the Ultimate Vegan Hot Chocolate Gift Kit. ;)
Vegan-Friendly Hot Chocolate / Chocolate Milk Gift Kit
- Package of Vegan Marshmallows - Dandies get nice and melty!
- Cacao Powder - You can put some in a mason jar and tie a ribbon around the top :)) Cacao powder can be quite pricey but TerrAmazon has some for under $6
- Stevia / Xylitol packets or place some in a small mason jar
- Unsweetened Almond Milk / Coconut Milk (The kind that doesn't need to be refrigerated)
- Chili Powder - If the person likes Hot Chocolate with a kick!
- Vegan Whipped Cream - I haven't tried this, but MimicCreme makes a vegan whipped topping. You could also include a can of full fat coconut milk with instructions on how to make whipped cream using it
- Cinnamon Sticks - Mostly decorative but they look so pretty when place in hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and/or whipped cream
- Glass Drinking Straw (I love GlassDharma - I have 5 straws from them and they are super durable)
- Hand-written Recipe Card for a Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe - I'm sure there are 100s on Pinterest
- A gift bag/basket to place it all in - (My thrift store carries tons of baskets so I'm sure you could get one for quite cheap)
- Ingredients in Dandies Marshmallows: Vegan Beet Sugar, Corn Syrup, Corn Starch, Corn Dextrose, Water, Carrageenan, Soy Protein, Natural Vanilla Flavour, Titanium Dioxide (a natural mineral), Salt. Contains Soy. Gluten Free. 100% Vegan. Certified Kosher.
- Recipe for making Whipped Cream out of a Can of Coconut Milk
- Stevia carries a Dark Chocolate sweetener, as well as a French Vanilla and Vanilla Creme sweetener - I wonder if any of those would be good in hot chocolate? :O
Anyway, hopefully this was helpful for some of you. :) What are some Vegan Gift Kits you'd like to receive? I wouldn't mind a gluten free oatmeal bundle with trail mix, spices, freeze-dried and dried fruits and muesli or a superfood smoothie bundle kit with glass straws, super foods, protein powders...etc. :D
Oh, another idea that just popped into my head that I certainly didn't first think of: It is to measure out the dry ingredients for waffles/pancakes/cookies/breads etc and add them into individual mason jars with pretty labels that have the recipes written on them. I would love to make some of those for people.
Ok, I'm done. Have a lovely day!