Homemade costumes can be the most fun and least expensive costumes of all. Creativity is the main ingredient. Consider the cute vegan friendly Halloween costumes.
- Chef – Wear an apron and chef's hat. Carry a vegan cookbook, wooden spoon and bowl.
- Farm Animal – Dress as a cow or pig. Wear a sweatshirt and pant (pink or beige for a pig and brown or black for a cow) cut out an oval shaped belly from a lighter shade of felt fabric and safety pin to the belly area of the sweatshirt. Spots for a cow can also be safety pinned to the sweatshirt and pants. Cut out ears from left over felt and glue to a headband or sunvisor. Hang a sign around your neck that reads, "EAT MORE SALAD!"
- Feeling Fruity – Bananas and pumpkin costumes are plentiful at Halloween. Creative people may choose to go as blueberries or grapes. Blow up blue balloons and tie them together on a string. Wear a blue sweatshirt and pants. Wrap the string of blueberries around yourself and safety pin through the string to the sweatshirt. For grapes, wear a purple sweatshirt and pants and use purple balloons.
- Fruit Salad – Pin lightweight fake fruit to a hat for a fruit salad. Herbivore – Wear a gray sweatshirt and pants. Fashion a horn and tail from gray felt similar to a triceratops and pin to the sweatshirt. Wear a sign that says, "Herbivores aren't all extinct!"
- Gummy Vitamins – Dress as a gummy bear in any color sweatshirt and pants. Fashion ears to a sunvisor or headband. Wear a label that reads, "Nutritional Supplements."
Use your imaginations and come up with your own costumes! Have fun, stay safe and don't eat too much candy!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.