Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
I feel an obligation to share this recipe. It’s my new tried–and–true cookie recipe. I’ve made these so many times this last month. I made them for potlucks, for my husband to take to work, and for Memorial Day weekend.
The first time I baked these, I used my daughter’s organic chocolate coconut milk; so I named them Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were amazing! The following time, I used organic vanilla almond milk and they were just as good. Feel free to use what you have: soy, almond, coconut, hemp, oat, rice, etc.
I’ve also played with the sizes. I’ve made batches of 12 big cookies and also batches of 16 medium sized cookies. Trust me! This recipe is a keeper. Everyone, kids and grownups will enjoy them!
Makes about 12 big cookies or 16 medium sized cookies
1 cup organic coconut sugar
1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup organic vegan chocolate chips (+ a few more to top each cookie once flattened)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Using your clean hands, mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar, then add the non-dairy milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape into 12 or 16 golf sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Press the dough together into balls and then flatten them out with the palm of your hand. Grab 2 or 3 chips and press them down into each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days. ( I doubt that they’ll last)
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons