I’ve always been a great mayo and mustard sauce fan through school years and loved my junk food escapades. Lately though I began to grow health conscious and started to choose healthier options. I do like to opt for healthy, nutritious and vegetarian options especially when eating outside. I have put together a list of vegan dips and ask each one of you to add more to the list so that all of us can expand our choices and try the mix of various flavors. You can use these on sandwiches, warm pitas, rolls and nachos. So here it is, for dipping your munchies!
1. Hummus – A chickpea dip made with Chickpeas, Lemon juice, Garlic, Tahini, Salt and Olive oil blended together.
2. Baba Ganoush – is made with grilled Eggplants, Olive oil, Lemon juice, Chili powder, Tahini and Parsley blended together.
3. Guacamole – Chopped Avocados, Tomato, Onion, Cilantro, Garlic, Salt and Pepper mashed together
4. Salsa – Chopped or pureed Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Onions, Garlic, Olive oil, Lemon juice, Cilantro, Salt and Pepper mixed together
5. Mango and Peach Salsa – Peeled and diced Mangoes and Peaches, Onion, Jalapeno, Cilantro, Lime juice, Salt and Black pepper mixed together and chilled
6. Spinach dip- Frozen Spinach thawed / Fresh Spinach minced, Garlic , Onions, Apple cider Vinegar, Salt and Pepper blended together
7. Sundried Tomato and Tofu dip- Soft Tofu, Sundried tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, fresh Basil, Oregano, Salt and Pepper blended together
8. Cashew dip – Raw Cashew, fresh Parsley, Olive oil, Garlic powder, Red Chili powder, Salt and Pepper blended together
9. Basil pesto- Fresh Basil, Garlic, Onions, Walnuts, Olive oil, Salt and Pepper processed together
10. Beetroot dip- Beetroot diced and roasted, Lemon juice, Parsley, ground Cumin, Salt and Pepper blended together
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.