The ingredients for this recipe are readily available thanks to Galaxy Nutritional Foods, Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese, Follow Your Heart and other companies that have filled the demand for vegan cream cheese. The vegan cream cheese substitutes have the texture of real cream cheese without utilizing dairy ingredients. The cream cheese has a smooth buttery texture and is an excellent substitute in most recipes requiring cream cheese. Feel free to experiment by substituting your family's favorite fruits.
- 1 18 ounce package store bought refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 4 ounces frozen whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/3 cup of sugar or sugar substitute if preferred
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 16 ounce can sliced peaches in light syrup
- 1 medium kiwi sliced
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- ½ cup blueberries or raspberries
- Allow the vegan cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Completely thaw the frozen whipped topping.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and reserve the juice from the can of peaches.
- Spray a 12-inch round pizza pan with a non-stick vegetable cooking spray.
- Slice cookie dough into eight fairly equal slices. Space the cookie dough slices on the pizza pan.
- Press the cookie dough slices into one complete circle filling the pizza pan.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until edges turn lightly golden.
- Allow the crust to completely cool.
- Utilize a mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold 2 teaspoons of sugar and whipped topping into the cream cheese with a large spoon.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the large cookie.
- Place peach, kiwi and strawberry slices on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Position the blueberries or raspberries on top of the cream cheese mixture also.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine ½ cup reserved peach juice, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Allow the syrup mixture to cook until it begins to thicken.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the pizza utilizing a spoon to allow it to drizzle over the fruit.
- Place in refrigerator and allow vegan dessert pizza to chill before serving.
- Slice as you would a pizza to serve.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.