Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
I enjoy a warm and tasty breakfast, especially on the weekend. Something to energize my family and I for the mornings activities. My entire family loves cinnamon and we love French toast, so this is always a hit. This version of French toast is different and easy. It is so delicious and tasty. This is something I used to fix all of the time when the children were young but haven't for awhile. So I am wrangling it out of cob webs for the holidays to surprise my family. If you like cinnamon and are a fan of French toast, this is a dish you are sure to enjoy. Add some fruit or juice and this is a meal that is sure to bring a smile to their faces.
Six slices of cinnamon raisin bread, each cut in half
- 1 package(8oz.,6ct.) Morning Star Farms Original Veggie Sausage Patties (they also make veggie bacon strips), quartered.
- 1 1/4 cup Ener-G egg replacer
- 1 cup soy milk, or any milk your family uses
- 1/4 cup palm or maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- No-stick cooking oil (I use the olive oil type)
- Maple syrup, optional
- Chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F., spray 8x8 inch baking dish completely.
2. Place cinnamon raisin bread in pan, overlapping them a little.
3. Add quartered sausage pieces, putting some between pieces of bread.
4. Mix together egg replacer, milk, sugar and vanilla. Use whisk and beat until well blended.
5. Add mixture to the baking dish.
6. Let this stand for 5-10 minutes to soak into the bread.
7. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until well set and golden brown.
8. Serve with syrup poured over the servings and some nuts sprinkled on top if you wish.
Makes 6 servings.
Image courtesy Flickr.com