Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
I absolutely love muffins. There isn’t a thing a can bake faster than these lovely little cakes. They can be super healthy, they can be breakfast and dessert at the same time if you want. The recipe in front of you is really simple and takes maximum 5 minutes to prepare and put in the oven. No excuses, right?
If that hasn’t won you over, let me tell you about the beautiful cinnamon aroma that spreads from these all through your house, smells divine!
Anyway, back to the recipe. Here’s what you need:
- 220 g organic spelt or wheat flour
- 80 g unrefined organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vegan baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 medium sized organic apple
- 240 ml (1 cup) rice milk
- 60 ml melted organic coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Weigh the dry ingredients and put them in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk and set aside.
- Grab a baking pan that holds a dozen muffins and line it with muffin liners.
- In a separate bowl measure the wet ingredients and set aside.
- Peel and core the apple and then chop it into little bits. Dust the apple bits with a bit of cinnamon and toss to evenly cover the apples.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and quickly stir to combine. Toss in the apple bits and mix again just to distribute them in the batter which is quite liquidy.
- Pour the batter in the muffin tin and fill it all the way up. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check if they are done – it should come out almost clean (the apples give it some moisture, so a crumb or two is totally ok).
Enjoy these wonderfully soft and moist fragrant muffins with an afternoon tea, for breakfast or however and whenever you please.