Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Pickles can change the entire taste of any dish. They are filled with bursts of flavour ranging from spicy to sweet. In fact, I love tangy pickles as well. Now though there are a variety of pickles available in the market, I prefer making mine at home. The taste is definitely better and I use less oil wherever possible. Yes, it may not seem so if you met me, but I'm wee bit health conscious. Enough about me and back to homemade vegan pickles. Making some pickles can be quite tedious; however, every once in awhile I feel like finding a quick fix. Do you love spicy pickles, but are running short on time? Then I have the perfect solution for you. Today, I am going to share a quick fix chilli pickle that takes exactly 7 minutes to be prepared. Let's get started with the basic ingredients.
- 250 to 285 grams of green chillies
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of ready made pickle masala
- Step 1: First start by washing and drying the fresh chillies with a cloth. It's best to get rid of any excess water so that the pickle can be stored for at least a week.
- Step 2: Heat some cooking oil in a pan on a low flame.
- Step 3: Once the oil is warm you can add the chillies, turmeric powder, and salt. Make sure you mix the ingredients well.
- Step 4: Cover the pan with a lid and let the chillies cook for about 2 minutes. The chillies will become nice and tender, which also adds to the flavour of the pickle.
- Step 5: Now simply add the pickle masala and stir the chillies on low heat.
That's it! Your quick chilli pickle is ready in only 7 minutes. For this vegan pickle, you can use any type of green chilli. Enjoy it with rice and curry or any pulao. The pickle can be stored in a refrigerator for up to a week, but I'm sure it will be gone before then. Hope you liked this recipe.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.