Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
What if you could eat your banana bread inside of a delicious truffle? Well you can, and you can also make it yourself with this easy recipe. Don't be frightened by how many steps there are. This is actually quite easy.
Included is a recipe for banana bread, but feel free to use an existing loaf, or one that you have purchased. If your loaf goes stale, this is a perfect solution, as you will be destroying the banana bread into crumbs and reforming it into its new life as a glorious truffle ball.
- 3-4 ripe bananas with black spots
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or vegetable oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, smash bananas and mix with sugar. Stir and combine.
- Add oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cake is cooked in the middle (check with a toothpick).
- Once cooled, remove from pan.
- Half loaf of banana bread
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a food processor finely chop the banana loaf to small crumbs.
- Add the sugar and oil and mix to a loose dough.
- With clean hands, grab small amounts of dough and roll into balls.
- Place in a sealable container and chill for up to an hour.
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and oil.
- Whisk in rum extract and stir until even.
- Dip one ball at a time in the melted chocolate.
- Let each one harden on a sheet of parchment.
- Add additional toppings if you wish such as sea salt, dried banana, coconut or cocoa powder.
- Chill before serving.
Image from Flickr.com