Summers are always so much fun with all the outdoor activities like biking, camping grilling and beach games. One thing we need to take care of is our insatiable thirst and need to drink up cool beverages. No wonder all the fizzy drinks sell so much during summers.
I prefer to eat and drink healthy no matter what the season. It helps therefore to know recipes that are easy, healthy and drinkable. Smoothies to me are a cool and healthy way to quench your thirst and also pack in fiber and nutrients. What’s also cool about smoothies is they are so easy and you can blend your choice of fruits together. That way you will always enjoy your drink and of course keep it healthy too.
This recipe is quite popular at my home during summers. A vegan banana blueberry smoothie is energy packed and antioxidant rich. And works great for breakfast especially during summers.
Ingredients (serves 2):
• 1 Banana chopped
• 1 cup Blueberries
• 1 1/2 cups Rice milk
• 1 tablespoon broken Walnuts
• 2 teaspoons ground Flax seeds
• 1 tablespoon Honey
- Chop the banana and break the walnuts if you have whole nuts available.
- Now blend all the ingredients together for about one to two minutes till you get a nice smooth mix.
- Leave the honey out if you don’t want to sweeten it further.
- Feel free to add ice cubes.
- Serve this energy packed drink for breakfast and you’re all set for the day.
If you like the recipe do vote for it and leave a comment for me to know what you think!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.