Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
In India it’s a time of festivities. People celebrate and prepare different types of sweets and savory snacks. Indian cuisine is all about flavor variety, and I am going to share a recipe of vegan baked chakli, which is prepared during festivals . Chakli is a savory, crispy snack which is commonly prepared during Maharashtra. It is usually deep fried, but we are going to bake it today. INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cup split roasted gram powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 table spoon oil
- 3 cups water
METHOD TO PREPARE THE CHAKLI:
- STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, combine the brown rice flour, roasted gram powder, red chili powder, baking soda, salt, and asafetida. Then add some sesame seeds and mix all ingredients well.
- STEP 2: Add oil to the flour and mix well. And then add some water and create a smooth and soft dough.
- STEP 3: Keep your baking tray ready and then put the dough into a piping bag with a star nozzle and create the swirls.
- STEP 4: Bake the swirls in your preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
- STEP 5: Check at 25 minutes. When chakli is a golden brown, remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Serve right away or store them in an air tight container for up to a week.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.