Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
With three children I feel like all we ever eat is macaroni and cheese. Normally my kids request macaroni and cheese 3 to 4 times a week. I finally started to make different casserole dishes with macaroni and cheese. Some include vegan sausage, vegan chicken strips, and vegetables. One of my family’s favorite macaroni and cheese casseroles has spinach, tomatoes, black olives, and green onions inside. With this recipe you can substitute any vegetable or vegan meat substitute to make this delicious macaroni and cheese casseroles for your family.
- 1 Pound elbow macaroni or pasta of your choice
- 15 Ounces Tofutti Better than Cheese Ricotta
- 1 ¾ Cups soy milk or vegan milk of your choice
- ¼ Cup Ener G Egg Replacer plus ½ cup water
- 2 Teaspoons brown mustard or spicy mustard
- 2 Teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 Cups shredded Follow Your Heart Cheddar Vegan Gourmet
- 2 Cups fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1 Cup canned or frozen peas
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- ½ Cup green onions, diced
- 1 Small can sliced black olives, drained
- ¼ Cup Vegan Parmesan cheese, make or use your favorite vegan Parmesan cheese recipe
- ¼ Cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to the directions on the box.
- Drain and rinse the macaroni.
- Return the macaroni to the pan.
- Mix Ener G Egg Replacer in water, set aside.
Prepare Cheese Mixture:
- In your blender, add vegan cheese ricotta, soy milk, egg replacer mixture, mustard, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix on high speed until smooth.
- Add vegan shredded cheddar cheese and spinach to the macaroni.
- Cook on low heat until the cheese melts and the spinach wilts.
- Add green onion, peas, tomatoes, and sliced olives to the macaroni mixture and cook 3 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from stove and add the vegan ricotta mixture to the macaroni.
- Mix well until well blended.
- In small mixing bowl, combine vegan Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and paprika, mix well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 square baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add the macaroni mixture to baking dish, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle top of macaroni mixture with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Serve with a tossed green salad, homemade Italian salad dressing, and hot garlic French bread.