Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Spring is in the air and summer is just around the corner. With the change of season comes the change for cooking. During the warmer summer months I do not enjoy spending time slaving over a hot stove. Salads are refreshing and so good for us. This salad is very refreshing and adds fresh fruit for a fresh enjoying flavor.
Ingredients Salad Dressing:
¼ Cup Sesame Organic Teriyaki
¼ Cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Vinegar
1 Teaspoon \Freshly Grated Orange Peel
1 Package Extra Firm Tofu cut into strips or 1 Pound Vegan Chicken Free Strips
¼ Teaspoons Freshly Ground black Pepper
1 Vegan Ener-G Egg Replacer equal to 1 egg
1 Tablespoon Sesame Organic Teriyaki
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs or equivalent to this brand
½ Cup Smoked Almonds Finely Chopped
2-3 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
6 Cups Mixed Baby Salad Greens
2 Oranges peeled and cut into segments
Prepare Orange Sesame Organic Teriyaki Dressing:
Whisk together sesame organic teriyaki, olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar, and orange peel.
Prepare Chicken Salad:
- Season tofu or chicken free strips with pepper. Beat Ener-G egg replacer with sesame organic teriyaki sauce in a shallow bowl until well blended.
- Place flour in shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and almonds in another shallow dish.
- Dust both sides of tofu or vegan chicken free strips with flour, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat with almond mixture
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu or vegan chicken free strips and cook 6 or 7 minutes, turning over once and adding more oil if needed.
- Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange tofu or vegan chicken free strips and oranges segments on greens. Serve with orange sesame organic teriyaki dressing.