Homemade ice cream is a special treat many of us remember from our childhood. Try this delicious vegan version of this delectable ice cream treat. Consider adding berries, bananas, carob, coffee or other ingredients to the original recipe as desired. Almond milk can be substituted for coconut milk, but you may need to add more sweetener according to your taste. Remember to pick-up a box of rock salt and at least two bags of ice at the store!
- 4 cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup agave syrup (stevia could be substituted)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon seasalt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch for creaminess
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a sealable lid.
- Blend all ingredients on low speed for three minutes and then at medium speed for one minute.
- Place lid on bowl and place in refrigerator for ingredients to chill overnight.
- Follow directions on ice cream maker the next day.
- Place empty clean bowl back in freezer, while ice cream is processing in the ice cream maker.
- When ice cream maker process is complete, remove empty bowl from freezer and place ice cream contents in the bowl in the freezer for two hours.
- Serve immediately upon removing from freezer.
Royalty-free pic courtesy of pickyourown.com.