Fried rice is a recipe that makes one wholesome meal. I love making it for myself tossing up a mix of the all the goodness from vegetables and tofu. Once you have chopped all the vegetables you wanna add, it’s quite a breeze. Let me share what I made recently.
All you need is:
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ pound green beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 green pepper
- ½ pack firm tofu
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Begin by chopping the carrot, green beans, green pepper, onion, garlic and tofu.
- Simultaneously, set the rice to cook in 3 cups of water, as usual. You can use brown or white rice.
- When you are finished with the chopping, take a wok or skillet and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Now add the chopped garlic, onions, carrots, green beans and give it a light stir.
- After a few minutes add green peppers. Take the cooked rice and add to the vegetables.
- Pour in the soy sauce and sprinkle black pepper.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Your Tofu Fried Rice with vegetables is ready to serve.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.