Prep Time: 10-30 minutes
Cook Time: 10-30 minutes
Beyoncé, Bill Clinton, Mark Bittman, Alicia Silverstone — it seems like everyone is catching on to the health benefits of going vegan.
Summer is a great time to lighten up your diet, especially if you’re trying to look like Beyoncé in a bikini. If you’re throwing a pool party, keep the food easy and fresh. Whether you’re a practicing vegan or just giving it a try, or if your guests maintain the diet, you never have to sacrifice the flavor of your offerings. Prepare some of these vegan-friendly recipes for your next pool party, and you can be sure the carnivores won’t complain.
- Ethereally Smooth Hummus: This nine-minute recipe leaves you with a delectable puree, rather than a grainy paste.
- Green Dressing and Crudites: Create a beautiful display, accompanied by a dressing worthy of licking the bowl clean.
- Guacamole: You can’t go wrong with this simple and scrumptious recipe — a pool-party must.
- Chilled Cantaloupe Soup: It’s the perfect soup to refresh you on a hot summer day.
- Heirloom Tomato Avocado Caprese Salad: A bite-sized salad serving would be perfect on the pool deck.
- Watercress, Avocado, and Tangerine Salad: This salad has sweet, spice, and everything nice.
- Vegan Tofu and Vegetable Skewers: Skewers are the most pool party-friendly food type around.
- Vegan Grilled Portobello Burgers: Here’s a main dish that’s grilled to perfection.
- Mexican Street Corn: This beautiful, tasty treat is just the right amount of messy.
- Vegan Pecan Blondie Brownies: Warning: You can’t have just one.
- Chocolate-Covered Apples With Pistachios: A dollop of chocolate is OK, right?
It’s time to celebrate summer, so slather on the sunblock and enjoy these warm-weather treats. With a little fresh produce and a lot of big flavors, you’ll be ready for some happy, healthy fun in the sun!
Bridget Letizia is a sports and fitness enthusiast, and influential team member of Presidential Pools, Spas & Patio, the largest pool builder in the country, which is based in Arizona.