Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Vegan Sweet Potato Cupcakes:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 12 tab spoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tab spoons of granulated sugar
- 4 tab spoons vegan butter
- 3 tab spoons water
- 1 tab spoons flax seed ground
- 1/2 canned sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- spiced vegan butter cream
- 1 cup of softened or room temp vegan margarine
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-5 tablespoons soy milk
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Line cupcake pan with liners.
3. In a large bowl put all dry ing together, oat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, take a fork and run it throu to blend it all together.
4. In a small glass or bowl add the 3 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of flax seed. Mix it together and let it set. It will gel up on its own.
5. Mix. Add softened vegan margarine and sugar. Mix on med speed to a light and fluffy texture. Scrape down the sides
6. Add in your vanilla, soy milk, flax seed mix, and canned sweet potato to the butter ans sugar mix. Blend on medium speed until smooth.
7. Scrape down the sides every few minutes so all the sweet potatoes are well mixed.
8. Add in the dry ingredients in three parts. Mix until no more white flour is showing, scraping down the sides. Once all the ingredients are mixed, you can start filling your cupcake pans. Pour the batter 2/3 the way up in each liner.
9. Place pans into the pre-heated oven and cook for 10-12 min. Check after 10 minites with tooth pick in center. Allow them to cool for at least thirty minutes before frosting.
The Spiced Butter Cream:
- In the mixing bowl place the vegan butter, and powdered sugar, and blend together until smooth.
- Add in the soy milk little at a time, just until it's nice a fluffy.
- Add in the cinnamon and ginger spices.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- It's best to frost cupcakes when they are cool to the touch.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.