Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegan treats. They're rich, delicious, and sweet is right in the name! They are extremely nutritious and come with a whole host of benefits, including several important vitamins. In addition to the yummy health benefits of the sweet potatoes, this recipe also contains herbs and spices that are known to be good for your health.
Many herbs and spices have healthy medicinal properties, and even something as simple as an added dash of lemon essential oil to a dish can amp up its health factor. This recipe includes the powerhouse spice duo of ginger and cardamom, and they add more than just a flavorful kick. Modern science has recently discovered all kinds of amazing things about cardamom that expert Ayurvedic healers have known for centuries. In addition to the cardamom, the ginger in this recipe helps support a healthy digestive system. Cardamom may also help to combat depression. It's difficult to find a simpler recipe with more health benefits than this one.
- 5-6 sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 drop doTERRA Coriander oil
- 1 drop doTERRA Clove Bud oil
- 1 1/2 tsp unprocessed sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes, and then quarter them lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1 1/2" chunks.
- Combine spices, essential oils and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add sweet potato chunks and toss until coated.
- Place sweet potato bites on a tin foil lined baking sheet and arrange so the sides are not touching.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft.
These sweet potato bites are delicious as a side dish or a healthy snack. It's a good thing this recipe is good for you, because you won't be able to stop eating them.