Yes, summer is over and school is back in session! Time to pack school lunches again! Kids can be picky eaters! If you send a lunch each school day with your picky eater, I believe you will find these ideas interesting.
- Fruit Shish Kabobs: Skewer bite size fruit pieces on toothpick. Alternate the fruit on each skewer, as kids love the eye appealing colors. Grapes, pineapple, canteloupe, berries are all great suggestions for the shish kabobs.
- Dip Style: Kids love dips with fruit and raw vegetables. Kids love Nutella with apples. Carrots and celery cut into sticks are excellent for dipping into guacomole or hummus.
- Sandwich Style: Kids enjoy veggie or meat substitute sandwiches served as wraps, or on bagels or pita style. Sandwich bread cut into neat shapes with cookie cutters are also a kid pleaser.
- Thermos Ideas: Last night's leftovers sometimes carry well in a thermos. Some thermos companies have combined a serving cup with a spoon in the lid. Please consider that by lunch most thermos items are luke warm at best.
- Dry Ice Packs: Dry ice will keep cold meals cool. Always purchase two and leave one in the refrigerator, while sending the other one in the lunch box.
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons.