This recipe is one of my favourites. Use it on its own or as a side dish.
- 2 cups of spaghetti, or any other long and fine pasta you want
- 7oz jar of finely chopped sundried tomatoes – do not drain; set the oil aside
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1. Cook spaghetti al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside.
2. Heat two tablespoons of the sun dried tomatoes' oil in a pan. Roast both the garlic and pine nuts until they become a light golden colour, which will not take very long. Add the sun dried tomatoes and roast for about 2 more minutes. Be mindful of stirring often as the garlic and pine nuts may turn black if you let them stay on one side too long.
3. Transfer the garlic, pine nuts and tomatoes to a large cooking pot. Add the pasta and the rest of the oil. Stir well using a pasta utensil. Let it warm on low for about five minutes.
Serves four side dishes or two meals.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.