Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 45 Minutes
Now that summer is almost here the markets and fruit stands are filling their bins with fresh fruits and vegetables. This is the perfect time of the year to make this delicious fresh fruit cobbler. This is such a simple recipe and so delicious. I consider this cobbler a comfort food.
When I was growing up I loved when summer came. I knew during the summer my grandmother would be baking her fresh fruit pies and cobblers. Our home would smell so wonderful during this time of year. Grandma loved to make all of her jams, jellies, canned fruits and vegetable for the long winter months ahead. I remember spending hours in the kitchen stealing the slices of fresh fruit she had cut into her bowl. When her back was turned was the perfect time to reach in and grab a few slices.
No matter how many peaches, nectarines, or strawberries the farmers delivered to our home none tasted as good as the ones grandma had cut. All summer long was a time to enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables. It was so fun to sit and eat all the ripe cantaloupes, watermelons, peaches and strawberries your stomach could hold. So this summer enjoy making a variety of fresh fruit cobblers for your family.
- 1 ½ Cups Raw Vegan Sugar
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ Cup Hemp milk or any other vegan milk you have in the house
- 4 Tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 3 Cups fresh fruit, sliced. I have made this with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pears, and peaches.
Note: if you don’t have fresh fruit use 2 can of fruit drained. Buy fruit that has no sugar added or is cooked in natural juices. Otherwise, use one package of frozen fruit. If you are using frozen fruit don’t defrost the fruit first.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8- inch glass baking dish – you can use Pam vegetable spray to grease your glass baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine, baking powder, melted vegan butter, flour, ½ of the sugar, and milk. Mix by hand or use a hand whisk to mix your batter.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add your sliced fruit and remaining sugar.
- Coat the fruit with the sugar.
- Pour the fruit on top of the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- Serve warm with non-dairy whipping cream or vegan vanilla ice cream.