Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
I have been dreaming about some home-made crackers for weeks now. I had to try and make some. I decided to make them super healthy, full of flavor and vegan, of course. This is a really easy and quick recipe to make. I’m going to use it for an appetizer on New Year’s Eve with some home-made dips like guacamole or hummus.
So let’s get started!
To make this recipe you are going to need:
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Spelt flour
- 2/3 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground sweet red paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (or basil)
- 1 pinch turmeric
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- Extra olive oil for brushing
- Extra salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Add the olive oil and water and knead quickly to form the dough. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Make it really thin if you want crunchy crackers. You can use a scallop cookie cutter to make little round crackers or you could just use knife and cut the dough in squares. Whichever you choose; when you are done place the crackers on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with some salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until dark brown.
Feel free to leave out any seeds you don’t like or just include your favorite. You can also adjust the spices or make a few different varieties (use wheat flour, rye flour, corn flour, millet flour – the possibilities are limitless). There are so many options to make a classy appetizer or a wonderful and healthy snack so play around with it and use your imagination.
You will have fun making and eating these.