Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
This is a wonderful Spanish style dish made with tofu. What I love about this meal is that you can add or subtract any vegetables you wish. Furthermore, if you adore hot spicy foods you can spice it up a bit more. Otherwise, take away some of the spiciness if you don’t care for spicy foods. So next time you are in the mood to try something different I recommend you try this simple recipe.
- I Pound firm tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 Large red onion, diced
- 1 Large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 5 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 1 Pound can tomatoes, drained, reserve liquid, and chopped
- 1 Cup tomato juice liquid
- 2 Teaspoons paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon saffron
- 10 Large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 or 2 Large green chilies, seeds removed, diced
- 1 Cup fresh green beans, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 Cup fresh cauliflower, chopped
- 2 Cups cooked pasta
- Press your tofu with your tofu press or between two sheets of paper towels.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch squares.
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Chop and prepare all your vegetables.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic, onions, green peppers, chilies, mushrooms, and tofu.
- Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Be careful to not break up the tofu.
- Add the rest of your vegetables, tomato liquid, tomatoes, and remaining spices.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes until your vegetables are tender.
- Remove from stove, discard bay leaf and add noodles.
- Toss until the noodles are well mixed.
- Serve immediately.
This is a wonderful meal for lunch or dinner. Serve with hot bread and a nice tossed green salad.