My husband loves jalapeno poppers, but I refrain from spicy foods. A number of writers have posted recipes that are hot in nature, so I thought you would enjoy these jalapeno poppers. These are great party appetizers.
- Jalapeno peppers
- Vegan cream cheese
- ¾ cup of fine bread crumbs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- 2 cups of canola oil
- Preheat canola oil in a large skillet.
- Wash and slice jalapeno peppers lengthwise.
- Remove seeds.
- Using a butter knife over fill each side of the jalapeno pepper with cream cheese, then press the two sides together.
- The cream cheese will serve as a glue to hold the two sides together.
- Place the gluten-free flour on a sheet of wax paper on a flat counter top.
- Place bread crumbs on a separate sheet of was paper.
- Dip the jalapeno pepper in the almond milk and then roll in the flour.
- Allow coating to dry for a few minutes.
- Dip the flour covered jalapenos in the almond milk once more.
- Roll the jalapeno in the bread crumbs.
- Place the jalapeno peppers in the hot oil for one minute, then turn to allow the opposite side to brown.
- Remove when jalapenos turn lightly golden brown.
- Place on paper towel to drain and cool.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.