Do you have a distaste for throwing out leftovers? Do you enjoy creating another meal from leftovers? If you answered yes, to either of these questions, consider the recipe below for any leftovers you may have in your refrigerator.
- Puff pastry or homemade pastry
- Refrigerator leftovers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a glass baking dish or metal pan with a vegetable cooking spray.
- Purchase a box of puff pastry.
- Open box and remove pastry.
- Separate sheets.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet and cut into individual pockets to a predetermined size of your choice.
- Select refrigerator leftovers.
- Consider additions such as mushrooms and vegan cheese for vegetables and nuts or jams for fruits.
- Spoon leftovers into center of each pocket along with additions.
- Add seasoning if desired. Consider Italian seasonings or cumin for vegetables and ginger or cinnamon for fruits and jams.
- Place another precut sheet of puff pastry on top.
- Use fork to press top puff pastry sheet into bottom puff pastry sheet along pastry edges.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve fruit or jam filled pockets for dessert or vegetable filled pockets as an appetizer or side dish. Fruit and jam filled pockets make excellent semi-homemade breakfast poptarts! Consider spinach, vegan cheese, and spaghetti sauce. The hot pockets are perfect for an appetizer at a party, but will be quickly eaten by children and adults as a side dish. Fill with mash potatoes and top with spaghetti sauce. Experiment and have fun! Recycle last night's meal into something delicious!
Royalty-free photo visualphotos.com.