Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Do you love the rich flavor of lasagna but can’t eat it much because you’re not a fan of meat or cheese? Here’s the perfect solution for you. This hearty vegetable lasagna is sure to show you how delectable veggie lasagna can be! Try this recipe and it is sure to forever be your go-to lasagna recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need for this fabulous veggie lasagna recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 pound of sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ cup of chopped green bell peppers
- ¾ cup of chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars of pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ cup of grated cheese (Vtopian Vegan Artisan Cheese)
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- Fill a large pot with water and pour in the lasagna noodles. Cook the noodles for about ten minutes or until completely cooked.
- Transfer the cooked noodles into a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain all the water and set the noodles aside.
- Take a large saucepan and add the oil, mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic and cook them until they are half done.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and the dried basil leaves. Bring the contents to a boil and then reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees Celsius).
- Take a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and grease the bottom.
- Spread one cup of tomato sauce as the bottom layer.
- Add layers of the lasagna noodles, sauce and vegan cheese.
- Repeat this layering in the same order until you have the required amount and top it off with a layer of cheese.
- Bake it for 40 minutes uncovered. Once the lasagna is done, let it stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with extra cheese if needed.
The lasagna is an all-time favorite dish that is easy to make and very delicious. It goes well with any kind of meal, be it an indulgent dinner for the family or a fancy meal for guests. Dazzle all your vegetarian and vegan friends and family members with this fantastic veggie version of a delicious Italian delight.
Photo Source: forward.com