Has acne got you down? Are you suffering from flaky skin or an overly oil complexion? Looking for a way to help yourself out without taking downright deadly drugs like Accutane? All that you need is provided in the natural world! Here are some easy ways to fight acne - and send it packing without having to undergo monthly liver check-ups while taking acne medication. (And no, I'm not kidding about the liver check-ups)
- Tea Tree Oil. Say goodbye to synthetic substances like Benzoyl Peroxide and say hello to nature's secret, acne-fighting weapon. Tea Tree Oil smells extremely strong and it's a killer to get in your eyes. But it is a deep skin cleanser and bacteria-killer. Either buy Tea Tree facewash or mix a few drops into your regular soap. It will scrub away bacteria or dirt that would usually clog pores and cause acne.
- Lemon Juice. Just a few drops will do the trick! Use fresh lemon juice and apply it to acne on a small cotton pad. Let it sit for about 10-20 minutes. Wash it off. Do this about 2-3 times a week and it can keep acne from spreading, while fighting scarring at the same time.
- Wash your face. If you have acne, you must wash your face every single day. If you're a woman and you wear makeup, this is even more important. Falling asleep with makeup on guarantees that you'll be greeting the dawn with fresh, painful breakouts. It has been almost 7 years since I've skipped a day of washing my face.
- Yogurt. Sometimes going overboard with lotions and potions to get rid of acne can give you dry, flaky skin along with red blotches. An easy, natural remedy is to take one small carton of plain yogurt, one tablespoon of Olive Oil, and one teaspoon of honey. Mix them together and apply to the face like a mask. Let is sit for about an hour before washing it off. It will restore moisture to the skin and remove unwanted bacteria.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is essential in healthy collagen production, which keeps skin rosy and elastic. It also fights acne. You can get capsule of Vitamin at almost any drug store, or you can take it raw - which works much better - in Olive Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, or Coconut Oil. Make sure your oils are cold-pressed!