Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Who doesn't love pasta! What’s your favorite pasta recipe? It’s a very difficult question to answer right? Everything that has pasta in it becomes awesome! I could never pick one favorite dish because I have so many favorites. Have you ever tried combining roasted mushrooms with pasta? Trust me it’s incredible and yummy! And you know what? Here’s the good news! Those who are on a diet and watching their weight can also try this recipe because it is loaded with mushrooms , other vegetables and Vtopian Vegan Artisan Cheese which is a high source of protein and Vitamin B which will ensure that you will feel fuller for a longer time and also makes your taste buds happy.
- 350 gram of pasta (you could go for penne)
- 250 gram of fresh white button mushrooms or flat mushrooms.
- Thick slices of one small zucchini.
- Vegetables of your choice diced into 1 inch wedges: red capsicum, yellow capsicum, cauliflower
- 1 whole red onion and tomato.
- 45 ml of canola oil or olive oil.
- Garlic grated (1 clove)
- A pinch of oregano and basil.
- 1 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp mustard
- Crumbled cheese 1 cup (Vtopian Vegan Artisan Cheese) that can be shipped to your doorsteps or nutritional yeast
Directions to cook:
- Boil water, add some salt and pasta into it and let it cook for 15 minutes. Stir it while it cooks.
- Turn it off and let it cool for a while and then drain the water.
- In a large bowl, place the vegetables i.e. the capsicums and the white mushroom, red onions and tomato.
- Add some oil and rub some salt over it and toss it gently. Sprinkle some oregano and basil over it.
- Bake at 225 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl mix grated garlic, pinch of oregano, lemon zest, basil and mustard with some canola oil.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and mix it with the other mixture.
- Finally add cooked pasta into this mixture and top it up with Vtopian Vegan Artisan Cheese or sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it.
- Add some basil leaves on top for decoration.
So that’s it folks! I am sure you will love this recipe. It’s quite simple and easy to make even for a beginner who has just begun to experiment his/her culinary skills. Please try this recipe and let me know how it was. Please feel free to experiment with this by bringing in your flavor to it. If you have something to share with me, leave a comment and I shall respond at the earliest.
Photo Source: seriouseats.com