Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
A tart is basically a baked crust which has cream or a filling over it. Tarts can be prepared using any number of ingredients. So today, I am going to share my favorite recipe of raw vegan mango tart. This recipe is extremely simple and can be prepared easily. All you need is a few raw mangoes and some basic ingredients which are already in your pantry.
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2-3 mangoes
- 2 cups almonds
- 5 cups of coconut milk
FOR THE CRUST:
- Put the almonds in a food processor and process for 5 minutes. You'll want the almonds to be crushed into a fine powder.
- Add the crushed almond powder, desiccated coconut, and maple syrup into a bowl and mix well.
- Once the mixture is ready, place it in a pie dish. Make sure the layer is evenly pressed in.
- Put the mould in an oven for around 10 minutes and bake it at 200 degrees Celsius (or roughly 400 degrees Fahrenheit). Once the color of the tart turns to golden brown remove it and let it cool down.
FOR THE CREAM:
- Take a large bowl, add the coconut milk and mix it well so that the mixture is diluted enough and is at the right consistency.
- Add the maple syrup as well as vanilla extract and mix it well. Once the cream is ready spread it evenly on the tart.
- Cut the mango into thin slices. Arrange the mango slices on the tart. You can also create a pattern by overlapping the slices in a circular fashion around the top.
Keep the tart refrigerated and enjoy this delicacy with your friends and family.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.