Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Did someone say chocolate bark? Sweet teeth, unite! This chocolate bark recipe is both vegan and raw (yes, cocoa butter is completely vegan!). It's a delicious treat that you can make whenever you want a sweet snack. It’s also a lovely gift for your vegan friends.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup dried dates or cranberries (depending on your preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup melted cocoa butter
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (almonds work a dream)
- 2 tablespoons of seeds of your choice (sunflower and flax seeds can be a lovely way to give this treat nutritional value and yumminess)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet that you have lined with foil
How to Make it:
- 1. In a small saucepan with your cocoa butter, melt it on medium heat on the stove. Then pour it into a bowl.
- 2. Now add the vanilla, agave nectar and cacao powder. Whisk it well so that the mixture is creamy.
- 3. Transfer the mixture onto your baking sheet which you have prepared with foil. Once you have placed it into the tin, let it cool down for a few minutes.
- 4. Now add the dates, cranberries, nuts and seeds. Make sure to drizzle these all over the baking tin so that all parts of the bark will contain them in equal quantities.
- 5. Place the baking tin into the freezer. It will need approximately 30 minutes to become hard. Then take it out and crack into jagged pieces.
So delicious in spite of containing no dairy!
Note: When you have enjoyed eating a few pieces and you want to save the rest of the batch, pop the chocolate bark back into the fridge to prevent the chocolate from melting. You could probably store this for over a week or more, unless you’re a chocaholic like me!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.