Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
On cold winter days I love to prepare this stew for my family. What is wonderful about this stew is it only takes 15 minutes to cook. If you are looking for a quick, fast, and easy dinner, try this wonderful vegetable stew recipe.
- 1 or 2 Large black beauty eggplant, skinned and cubed (If they are small, use 2.)
- 2 Large green chili peppers, chopped fine with seeds removed (If you don’t like really spicy food I suggest you use 1 chili pepper.)
- 4 Medium white or red onions, chopped
- 2 Large green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Large red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Large yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Large zucchini, sliced
- 2 Yellow squash, sliced
- 15 Button mushroom, sliced
- 4 Large red tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Large green tomatoes, chopped
- 5 to 7 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, graded
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stew pot.
- Add onions, graded ginger, and garlic.
- Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Stir gently to coat all the vegetable with oil.
- If your vegetables aren’t well coated with oil, add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the vegetables.
- Cover the pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Check the bell peppers to see if they are cooked, but firm.
- If the stew seems a little dry, add ½ to 1 cup of water.
- Remove the bay leaf and clove before serving.
Serve with rice, tossed green salad, and hot bread or rolls.
This recipe serves 6 to 8 people. Depending on how much stew you want to make you need to adjust your vegetables. You can add any vegetable to this stew you wish. I enjoy this combination of vegetable with the spicy ginger taste. I have had a few people say it was very spicy for their taste. If you don’t like spicy food I would suggest you don’t add the chili peppers to your stew.