- 2 broccoli crowns
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened currants
- 1/2 cup dried wild blueberries
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons kelp powder
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or other mild flavored vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
Wash and rinse all your vegetables then cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the broccoli and cauliflower until fine and add them to a large mixing bowl. You may need to do this in batches – I needed three.
Process the carrot the same way and add to the bowl. Stir all ingredients to combine. Add the rest of the dry ingredients into the bowl, including the kelp powder, and mix with wooden spoon until fully combined. Add lemon juice, vinegar and syrup and toss to coat.
Enjoy – it’s time to feel rejuvenated.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.