Prep Time: 5 minutes
Are you a fan of pumpkin and sour cream? I had made a mac and cheesey type sauce with some canned pumpkin and had a little bit left over, so I decided to make some vegan sour cream and try adding the left over pumpkin to it, and it is very tasty! Great for dipping raw veggies, on top of a salad, mixed into rice/couscous/quinoa, as a replacement for mayo on a sandwich...and I'm sure you guys can think of tons of other ways to use it.
If you aren't a huge pumpkin fan, then you can omit it and just make a plain sour cream. :)
Vegan Pumpkin Sour Cream Ingredients
- 1/2 package of silken firm tofu
- 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey agave nectar / your preferred vegan sweetener
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin / pumpkin puree (can add more or less, depending on how much pumpkin flavour you want)
- Try experimenting by adding in garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, dill, curry powder...etc.
- Just blend all ingredients together until smooth! Takes best when chilled.