Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
I have been eating these for breakfast for the past couple of weeks. I switch around different berries that I add into them, and sometimes I replace the pumpkin with banana or apple sauce, but pumpkin is my favourite! This makes a small batch - 2-3 oat cakes.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified GF oats and then the recipe will be completely GF)
- 1 tsp xylitol / stevia (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water / almond milk
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped rhubarb (I used pre-chopped frozen rhubarb)
- optional: 1/4 cup frozen/fresh blueberries)
- For topping: Raisins, vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, except for the toppings (although you could add them into the mixture too) and mix well. Then evenly distribute the mixture into ramekins or silicon muffin cups (or whatever you have on hand). Sprinkle some raisins and vegan chocolate chips on top if you want - chocolate is so yummy with pumpkin and oats.
- Bake for around 25 minutes. They will firm up a bit after being baked, but as long as they are not really squishy, I like them being on the softer side. :)
- I make a quick delicious "Frosting" using the PB2 powdered peanut butter, some pumpkin pie spice and a pinch of xylitol and I add enough water to make it a little runny and then drizzle it overtop...yum yum!