One of my favorite comfort foods dishes is also one of the simplest to make, and oh, so satisfying!
- Two or more medium potatoes
- One or two medium onions
- Two cloves of garlic
- Coconut oil
- Himalyan salt
- Ground pepper
- Green pepper (opt.)
- Tomatoes (opt.)
- Mushrooms (opt.)
- Pour 1 tbsp coconut into frying pan (or more as necessary).
- Heat to medium heat, and add thinly sliced potatoes, chopped onions, and saute until onions are translucent
- . Add optional vegetables, and garlic at this time, and cook, constantly stirring, scraping, and turning potatoes until tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.