Going vegan does not mean an absence of delicious desserts. This peach cobbler recipe will make you a believer! Children will love this cobbler recipe also! Great dish to take to a family reunion, church dinner, picnic, potluck meal or dinner at home.
- 2-16 oz cans peaches in syrup
- ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fortified rice milk
- Preheat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine 2-16 oz cans peaches in syrup, ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour and ½ cup sugar. Stir slightly with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Combine 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, salt and rice milk in a medium bowl.
- Blend well until crust mixture appears smooth.
- Pour the crust mixture evenly over the peach mixture.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until crust appears golden.
- Allow cobbler to cool slightly before serving.
- Consider adding a dollop of vegan ice cream on top of each serving of cobbler.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.